PDFWAC 110-03-0500

Correcting clerical errors in ALJ's orders.

(1) A clerical error is a mistake that does not change the result or intent of the order. Some examples of clerical errors are missing or incorrect words, numbers, or dates.
(2) If a party disagrees with an ALJ's initial or final order because of a clerical error, the party may ask for a corrected order from the ALJ by making the request in writing and filing it with the OAH office that held the hearing. A copy of the request must be served on the other parties and their representatives at the same time.
(3) A request to correct a clerical error must be made within ten calendar days of the date the order was served on the parties by OAH.
(4) When asking for a corrected order, a party must clearly identify the clerical error.
(5) When a party requests a corrected order, the ALJ must either:
(a) Serve a corrected order on all parties within three business days of receipt of the party's request for correction; or
(b) Deny the request within three business days of receiving it.
(6) If a party does not file a petition to request review of an initial order, regardless of whether a clerical error is corrected or the request for correction is denied, the initial order becomes final twenty-one calendar days after the original initial order was served.
(7) Requesting correction of an initial order does not change the time requirements for filing a written petition for review of the initial order under WAC 110-03-0520.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.220, 43.216.020, and 43.216.065. WSR 20-02-031, § 110-03-0500, filed 12/19/19, effective 1/19/20.]