This section applies to all subject individuals, except for in-home/relative providers.
(1) Subject individuals must complete the DCYF background check application process on or before the dates described in WAC 110-06-0041
, and at least once every three years thereafter. The background check process includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Submitting a completed background check application with the DCYF background check unit;
(b) Completing the required fingerprint process;
(c) Completing the required interstate background check process for each state the subject individual has lived outside of Washington state in the five years preceding the background check application; and
(d) Paying all required fees as provided in WAC 110-06-0044
(2) All subject individuals who are seeking renewals of their DCYF authorizations must:
(a) Submit a new background check application to DCYF;
(b) Submit payment of all required fees described in WAC 110-06-0044
(c) Complete the required fingerprint process if the subject individual lives or has lived outside of Washington state since the previous background check was completed, or has not previously completed the fingerprint process required by this section; and
(d) Complete the required interstate background check process for each state the subject individual has lived outside of Washington state in the five years preceding the background check application.
(3) All subject individuals who submit background check applications and are seeking background check authorizations or reauthorizations must disclose whether they have:
(a) Been convicted of any crime;
(b) Any pending criminal charges; and
(c) Been or are the subject to any negative action.
(4) Subject individuals must not have unsupervised access to children in care unless they have obtained DCYF authorization under this chapter.
(5) Subject individuals who have been disqualified by DCYF must not be present on the premises when early learning services are provided to children.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.43.832
, and 43.216.271
. WSR 22-10-022, § 110-06-0040, filed 4/25/22, effective 5/26/22. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.216.055
, 42 U.S.C. 9858, et seq. and 45 C.F.R. 98.43. WSR 19-21-064, § 110-06-0040, filed 10/11/19, effective 11/11/19. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.216.055
, chapter 43.216
RCW and 42 U.S.C. 9858 et seq.; 45 C.F.R. Part 98. WSR 19-01-111, § 110-06-0040, filed 12/18/18, effective 1/18/19. WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-06-0040, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.070
and chapter 43.215
RCW. WSR 15-24-040, § 170-06-0040, filed 11/20/15, effective 1/1/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.200
, chapter 43.215
RCW, and 2011 c 295. WSR 12-12-040, § 170-06-0040, filed 5/30/12, effective 7/1/12. Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.215
RCW, RCW 43.43.832
, 2006 c 265 and 2007 c 387. WSR 08-10-041, § 170-06-0040, filed 4/30/08, effective 5/31/08.]