PDFWAC 110-50-0060

What must a parent do to place the child in foster care with the department?

A child's parent may sign a Voluntary Placement Agreement (VPA), DSHS 09-004B(X), to voluntarily place a child in foster care. The consent for voluntary placement must agree with child welfare services as described under RCW 74.13.031. The consent becomes valid when signed by a representative of children's administration.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-0060, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0050, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]