PDFWAC 110-50-0230

Under what conditions and how much will the department reimburse to child placing agencies licensed or certified under chapter 74.15 RCW to provide care to children?

(1) The CPA representative must discuss with the department social worker for the child the roles of the agency and the department in the placement, permanency planning, and supervision of the child. The agency representative and the department social worker must also discuss services the department or the agency will provide to the child's parents and extended family.
(2) The CPA must maintain the documentation required by contract to demonstrate all services provided to children in care and for whom the department makes payment.
(3) The department will pay a monthly administrative fee to a CPA if the agency, in addition to supervision of the child, provides services to the child or the child's family.
(4) If the department wants to borrow a CPA-certified home for placement of a child, the department pays the agency for the use of the CPA's foster home with approval of the agency. The department pays the borrowed home fee described in the contract between the department and the agency.
(5) The department will pay a set monthly fee to a child placing agency for a borrowed home if the agency provides supervision services only to the child and no services to the child's family. The department pays this fee only to enable the agency to maintain the foster care license and to provide any related licensing training and support services. This activity includes maintenance of a foster care license for foster parent dependency guardianships in the agency-certified home. The following conditions also apply:
(a) The department may pay for a maximum of two borrowed beds in one foster home.
(b) If one CPA borrows a bed from another CPA, the department will pay only one service fee to one agency for the child. The two private agencies and the department will mutually identify and agree upon the agency the department will pay.
(6) The department may enter into contracts with CPAs to provide intensive treatment and supervision services to children with behavioral, emotional, medical, or developmental disabilities. The department will assess the needs of the child, assign a service level, and pay the rate provided in the contract.
(7) Before making payment for care of a child, the department must determine initial and ongoing eligibility for financial support, approve the placement, and approve the case plan for care of the child and services to the family. The department will document this approval through written agreements, documentary reports, and supervisory conferences with the CPA.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-0230, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0430, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]