PDFWAC 110-50-0250

What are the department's expectations for child placing agencies (CPA) to which the department makes reimbursement for services or administrative costs?

(1) The department requires that the child placing agency (CPA) be licensed or certified under chapter 74.15 RCW and have a contract with the department for the provision of child placement and related services.
(2) The CPA must document the services provided in a format described by the department in the contract.
(3) When the department agrees to place a child with a CPA, the licensed or certified agency must maintain the license of the foster family home and provide support services to the foster parents. The department will only place and pay for services with an agency with which the department has a contract. The agency must provide payment to the foster family in accordance with this chapter.
(4) The department requires that private agencies bringing children from other countries for adoption remain financially responsible for the child's placement costs if the adoption is not finalized, disrupts prior to finalization, or until the child reaches age eighteen.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-0250, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0415, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]