PDFWAC 110-50-0580

To whom does the department make payment for foster care?

(1) The department makes foster care payments only to persons and agencies the department has appropriately licensed and approved, or, if not subject to licensing, the department has certified as meeting the department's licensing requirements, or:
(a) If in another state, persons or agencies meeting the requirements of that state; or
(b) If in a tribal program, persons or agencies meeting the requirements of that tribal program.
(2) The department makes payment for out-of-state foster care placements only after approval from the two state offices involved (see WAC 388-25-0440).
(3) The department may make foster care payments to licensed or certified foster parents and to persons granted dependency guardianship, if the dependency guardians are licensed or certified as foster parents (see RCW 13.34.234).
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-0580, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0075, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]