PDFWAC 110-50-0680

When may the department authorize a clothing allowance for a child in out-of-home care?

When the department or a contracted child placing agency places a child in foster care or, at other times, the social worker may authorize a clothing allowance to supplement a child's clothing supply, when necessary. This allowance may not exceed two hundred dollars unless authorized by the DCFS regional administrator or the regional administrator's designee. The allowance must be based on the needs of the child and be provided within available funds. Clothing purchased becomes the property of the child and will be sent with the child if placement changes.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-0680, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0125, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]