PDFWAC 110-50-0770

May overpayments be waived or forgiven?

Children's administration employees do not have authority to forgive or waive overpayments nor to offset overpayments from future payments. All such authority rests with the department's office of financial recovery (OFR). Designated CA staff may mediate a disputed payment with the vendor, but final approval for any negotiated proposed settlement rests with OFR.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-0770, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0270, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]