PDFWAC 110-50-1110

To whom may the department release records?

Subject to review the department may release records to the following persons:
(1) Other participants in the juvenile justice or care system only when an investigation or case involving the juvenile is being pursued by the other participants or when that participant is assigned the responsibility of supervising the juvenile. "Juvenile justice or care agency" means any of the following: Police, diversion units, court, prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, detention center, attorney general, the legislative children's oversight committee, the office of family and children's ombudsman, the department and its contracting agencies, schools; persons or public or private agencies having children committed to their custody; and any placement oversight committee created under RCW 72.05.415;
(2) A contracting agency or service provider of the department that provides counseling, psychological, psychiatric, or medical services may release to the office of the family and children's ombudsman information or records relating to the provision of services to a juvenile who is dependent under chapter 13.34 RCW. The department may provide these records without the consent of the parent or guardian of the juvenile, or of the juvenile if the juvenile is under the age of thirteen, unless otherwise prohibited by law;
(3) A juvenile, a juvenile's parents, the juvenile's attorney, and the juvenile's parent's attorney;
(4) Any person who has reasonable cause to believe information concerning that person is included in the record;
(5) A clinic, hospital, or agency which has the subject person under care or treatment;
(6) Individuals or agencies engaged in legitimate research for educational, scientific, or public purposes when permission is granted by the court.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-50-1110, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.13.031. WSR 01-08-047, § 388-25-0400, filed 3/30/01, effective 4/30/01.]