PDFWAC 110-147-1470

Do I need to employ consultants at my agency?

(1) You must have a consultant available as needed to work with your staff, the children you serve, and the children's families. Consultants may be used for case management or program support.
(2) A case management consultant is responsible to:
(a) Review treatment, case plans, or adoption home studies as appropriate;
(b) Provide one hour of consultation/clinical supervision to case management staff without a master's degree in social services or a closely related field for every twenty hours that person works. Staff consultations shall be documented and available to staff on an as needed basis; and
(c) Monitor the staff skill development in order to effectively manage their cases.
(3) Each case management consultant must have:
(a) A master's degree in social services or a closely related field from an accredited school;
(b) The training, experience, knowledge and demonstrated skills for each area in which he or she will be supervising or advising;
(c) The ability to ensure staff develop their skills and understanding needed to effectively manage cases;
(d) The ability to monitor staff development and training; and
(e) Knowledge of mandatory child abuse and neglect reporting requirements.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-147-1470, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34 and 74.13 RCW, RCW 74.15.030(2), 74.15.311(2), 74.13.032, 13.04.011, 74.13.020, 13.34.030, 74.13.031, 13.34.145, 74.15.311, 74.15.030, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-147-1470, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]