PDFWAC 110-147-1585

Do I need a written emergency plan?

(1) You must have a written plan on how you will assist the homes you certify in case of fire or other emergencies such as natural disasters or unforeseen events. Emergency plans may change based on the developmental level and behaviors of children you serve. To ensure that medically fragile or nonambulatory children can exit safely, you can develop a plan for simulated fire drills with your licensor as per chapter 212-12 WAC.
(2) You must be prepared for emergencies such as violent or threatening persons on the premises, fires, earthquake, or power failure by having a written plan prepared that identifies how you will:
(a) Contact and assist your homes when an emergency occurs; and
(b) How you will notify the department regarding the plan, if implemented.
(3) You must inform your staff of your emergency plan and review your emergency plans with your staff quarterly.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-147-1585, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34 and 74.13 RCW, RCW 74.15.030(2), 74.15.311(2), 74.13.032, 13.04.011, 74.13.020, 13.34.030, 74.13.031, 13.34.145, 74.15.311, 74.15.030, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-147-1585, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]