(1) You may request a provisional expedited foster family license if you meet all of the following requirements:
(a) You have been licensed to provide foster care within the previous five years;
(b) You have not had your foster care license closed due to a denial, revocation, or an agreement to relinquish;
(c) You reside in the same home in which you previously held a foster care license and no additional individuals have moved into your home;
(d) You are applying for an expedited license that will be supervised by the same agency that previously licensed or certified you and the agency agrees to supervise your home; and
(e) You and all household members age sixteen years old and older have passed the required background check for this provisional expedited foster family license.
(2) To initiate a provisional expedited license, you must submit a completed expedited license application and completed background check authorization forms for all household members who are sixteen years old and older to DLR or a licensed child-placing agency.
(3) In order for your full license to be processed you must submit your licensing application packet within fourteen days. Application packets are available from DLR and licensed child-placing agencies.
(4) You will be issued a provisional expedited foster family license if you have submitted the policy agreements and all of the required household members in your home have passed the required background check. The provisional expedited foster family license will be issued for ninety days and will close after ninety days.
(5) Your licensing or certifying agency will continue to work with you and make every effort to ensure that individuals qualified for and seeking a provisional expedited foster family license may become fully foster care licensed within forty days of the department's receipt of a complete application for a provisional expedited foster family license.
(6) You do not have the right to appeal the department's decision that you do not meet the criteria for a provisional expedited foster family license.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-148-1321, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.010
, and 2017 c 20 § 4. WSR 18-05-037, § 388-148-1321, filed 2/13/18, effective 3/16/18.]