(1) We have the legal authority to license homes for the care of children in out-of-home placement. You may choose to be supervised by us, or by a CPA.
(2) We license CPAs, including tribal CPAs, to supervise foster homes. The CPA is authorized to certify to the department that you meet the licensing requirements contained in this chapter.
(3) A CPA has the discretion whether or not to certify you. If you disagree with a CPA's decision, you must abide by the CPA's grievance process to challenge the decision.
(4) A CPA may, at their discretion, have additional requirements for you to become and remain a licensed foster home under their supervision.
(5) The department has the final approval for licensing you, if you are certified by a CPA.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
. WSR 22-11-091, § 110-148-1350, filed 5/18/22, effective 6/18/22. WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-148-1350, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34
RCW, RCW 74.15.030
, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-148-1350, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]