(1) You must ensure children in your care are safe around bodies of water. You must:
(a) Keep all swimming pools and other bodies of water:
(i) Fenced with a locking gate; or
(ii) Another LD-approved safety device and a site-specific supervision plan.
(b) Lock hot tubs when not in use;
(c) Make all potential water hazards, including wading pools, inaccessible to children when not in use;
(d) Equip your swimming pool with a life saving device, such as a ring buoy; and
(e) Empty your swimming pool after each use. If your swimming pool cannot be emptied after each use, the pool must have a working pump and filtering system.
(2) All swimming pools and other bodies of water must comply with state and local regulations. You must work with your licensor to establish a plan for the bodies of water based on the development level and behaviors of the children in your home.
(3) You must observe the following when foster children are swimming in pools and outdoor bodies of water:
(a) Swim only in designated swimming areas; or
(b) Require all children age 13 and under to wear U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal floatation devices when swimming outside the supervision of a lifeguard.
(4) If you have any water-based recreation devices, you must use and maintain them according to manufacturer's recommendations. All children and youth who ride in a water-based recreation device must wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device at all times.
(5) An adult with current age-appropriate first aid and CPR or a lifeguard must supervise children swimming under age 12, and must be able to see and hear the children at all times. Children under the age of five must be within touching distance of a supervising adult or the birth parent at all times.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
. WSR 22-11-091, § 110-148-1455, filed 5/18/22, effective 6/18/22. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
, chapter 74.15
RCW, P.L. 115-123 and 42 U.S.C. § 671 (a)(36)(A). WSR 20-03-095, § 110-148-1455, filed 1/13/20, effective 2/1/20. WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-148-1455, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34
RCW, RCW 74.15.030
, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-148-1455, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]