(1) You must notify your licensor if you or someone else in your home has a gun or weapon on the property. This includes but is not limited to BB guns, pellet guns, air rifles, stun guns, antique guns, handguns, rifles, shotguns and archery equipment.
(2) You must always keep guns and ammunition out of reach of children. When at home, you must keep guns and ammunition in locked containers out of reach of children. You must store guns separate from the ammunition unless stored in a locked gun safe.
(3) You must keep bows and arrows and other weapons in locked containers out of reach of children.
(4) If you store guns in a container that may be easily breakable, you must secure them with a locked cable or chain placed through the trigger guards.
(5) Whenever possible, we encourage you to equip guns with a trigger guard lock.
(6) You must keep keys to the locked storage area of weapons secure from children.
(7) Children may use a gun only if the child's DCYF caseworker approves and the youth and supervising adult has completed an approved gun or hunter safety course.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
. WSR 22-11-091, § 110-148-1500, filed 5/18/22, effective 6/18/22. WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-148-1500, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.010
, and P.L. 113-183. WSR 16-17-101, § 388-148-1500, filed 8/19/16, effective 9/19/16. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34
RCW, RCW 74.15.030
, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-148-1500, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]