(1) Upon receipt of a timely appeal by a student of the vice president's decision imposing a required medical leave of absence, the vice president of student services, or the vice president's designee, shall convene the review board to hear the appeal. The review board may:
(a) Affirm the vice president's decision;
(b) Affirm the vice president's decision but alter the disposition from imposition of a required medical leave of absence to conditional enrollment under specified directives; or
(c) Reverse the vice president's decision allowing the student to remain enrolled without restriction.
(2) The review board's decision shall be in writing and served on the student within seven business days of the hearing. Service of the decision shall be effective upon deposit in the United States mail to the student, postage prepaid and properly addressed to the student at the last known address on file with the registrar's office, or by personal service on the student.
(3) The review board shall be composed of at least three members drawn from a pool of academic deans and staff members not reporting to the vice president who have been identified by the president. The president shall select one of the members to act as the chair at the hearing.
(4) The vice president shall notify the student in writing of the time, date, and location of the hearing.
(5) The review board shall conduct the hearing according to the Administrative Procedure Act, chapter 34.05
(6) The chair of the review board may order the hearing closed to public observation as necessary to protect from disclosure medical or educational records held to be confidential under state or federal law.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(3). WSR 21-13-067, § 132F-126-030, filed 6/12/21, effective 7/13/21.]