Possessing, holding, wearing, transporting, storing, or exhibiting any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, explosive device, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm is prohibited on college property, subject to the following exceptions:
(1) Commissioned law enforcement personnel or legally authorized military personnel are not subject to these restrictions while in performance of their duties;
(2) Bank-related security personnel required by their office to carry such weapons or devices are not subject to these restrictions;
(3) Licensed and bonded third-party security personnel hired for hosted events are not subject to these restrictions, subject to approval by the director of public safety;
(4) An individual with a valid concealed weapons permit may store a pistol in their vehicle parked on college property in accordance with RCW 9.41.050
, provided the vehicle is locked and the weapon is concealed from view;
(5) The president or their designee may grant permission to bring a weapon on campus upon a determination that the weapon is reasonable and related to a legitimate pedagogical purpose. Such permission shall be in writing and shall be subject to such terms or conditions incorporated in the written permission;
(6) Possession of a knife or ceremonial dagger for religious purposes is not prohibited. Maximum length of the knife or ceremonial dagger should not exceed seven inches in length;
(7) Possession and/or use of disabling chemical sprays for purposes of self-defense is not prohibited;
(8) Possession of knives for cooking or cutting instruments used for the purposes of work on campus is not prohibited.
Violations of this section will be subject to appropriate disciplinary and/or legal action.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(13) and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 21-08-008, § 132H-121-040, filed 3/25/21, effective 4/25/21.]