(1) The student conduct code shall apply to student conduct that occurs:
(a) On college premises;
(b) At or in connection with college-sponsored activities; or
(c) Off-campus, if in the judgment of the college the conduct adversely affects the college community or the pursuit of its objectives.
(2) Jurisdiction extends to locations in which students are engaged in official college activities including, but not limited to, foreign or domestic travel, activities funded by the Bellevue College's associated student government, athletic events, training internships, cooperative and distance education, online education, internships, practicums, supervised work experiences, or any other college-sanctioned social or club activities.
(3) The college has sole discretion, on a case-by-case basis, to determine whether the student conduct code will be applied to conduct that occurs off campus.
(4) Students are responsible for their conduct from the time of application for admission through the actual receipt of a degree, even though conduct may occur before classes begin or after classes end, as well as during the academic year and during periods between terms of actual enrollment.
(5) These standards shall apply to a student's conduct even if the student withdraws from college while a disciplinary matter is pending.
(6) In addition to initiating discipline proceedings for violation of the student conduct code, the college may refer any violations of federal, state, or local laws to civil and criminal authorities for disposition. The college shall proceed with student disciplinary proceedings regardless of whether the underlying conduct is subject to civil or criminal prosecution.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05
RCW and RCW 28B.50.140
(13); P.L. 113-4, 20 U.S.C. § 1092(f); Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. WSR 19-01-082, § 132H-126-030, filed 12/17/18, effective 1/17/19.]