(1) Bellevue College values the health, safety and wellness of those in our college community. Students are encouraged to report crimes, share concerns, and seek medical attention for themselves or others in need.
(2) A student conduct officer may elect not to initiate disciplinary action against a student who, while in the course of helping another person seek medical or other emergency assistance, admits to a possible policy violation under this student conduct code, provided that any such violations did not and do not place the health or safety of any other person at risk.
(3) A student conduct officer may elect not to initiate disciplinary action against a student who, while in the course of reporting violence, sexual misconduct, or a crime in progress, admits to personal consumption of alcohol or drugs at or near the time of the incident, provided that any such use did not place the health or safety of any other person at risk.
(4) While policy violations cannot be overlooked, the college may elect to offer educational options or referrals, rather than initiating disciplinary action against students who report crimes, serve as witnesses, or seek medical attention as described is this section.
(5) This amnesty policy may not apply to students who repeatedly violate college policies in regards to alcohol, drugs, or other prohibited conduct.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05
RCW and RCW 28B.50.140
(13); P.L. 113-4, 20 U.S.C. § 1092(f); Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. WSR 19-01-082, § 132H-126-150, filed 12/17/18, effective 1/17/19.]