For the purpose of this chapter, the following terms and definitions shall apply:
(1) Board: The board of trustees of Edmonds College, state of Washington.
(2) Campus: Any or all real property owned, operated, controlled, or maintained by Edmonds College.
(3) Carpool: Any group of two or more faculty, staff or students who commute to the college in the same vehicle.
(4) College: Edmonds College or any additional community college hereafter established with Edmonds College, an agency of the state of Washington, and collectively, those responsible for its control and operations.
(5) Faculty members: Any employee of Edmonds College who is employed on a full-time or part-time basis as a teacher, counselor, librarian or other position for which the training, experience, and responsibilities are comparable as determined by the appointing authority, including administrative appointment.
(6) Foot propelled device: Wheeled devices including, but not limited to, skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, etc., designed or used for recreation and/or transportation purposes.
(7) Security office: The office designated for the safety, security and emergency preparedness department operations.
(8) Security officers: Employees of the college accountable to the senior college security authority and responsible for campus safety, security, parking, traffic control, and emergency response and recovery.
(9) Staff: The administrative and classified members employed by the college.
(10) Student: Any person enrolled in the college.
(11) Vehicle: A motorized automobile, truck, or motorcycle.
(12) Visitor(s): Person(s) who come on campus as guest(s) or person(s) who lawfully visit the campus for purposes in keeping with the college's role as an institution of higher learning in the state of Washington that are neither employees nor registered students of the institution.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(7), (10). WSR 20-19-058, § 132Y-100-003, filed 9/11/20, effective 10/12/20. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
. WSR 07-16-039, § 132Y-100-003, filed 7/24/07, effective 8/24/07.]