As used in this chapter, "sexual misconduct" means:
(1) Any sexually exploitive act with or to a student. Sexually exploitive acts include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Any sexual advance, verbal, written or physical.
(b) Sexual intercourse, as defined in RCW 9A.44.010
(c) Sexual contact, i.e., the intentional touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a student except to the extent necessary and appropriate to attend to the hygienic or health needs of the student.
(d) Engaging in sexual grooming of a student, such as befriending and/or establishing a connection with a student or a student's family to lower the student's inhibitions for the purpose of a sexual relationship.
(e) The provisions of (a) through (d) of this subsection shall not apply if at the time of the sexual conduct the participants are married to each other.
(2) Indecent exposure, as defined in RCW 9A.88.010
(3) Sexual harassment of another as defined under local employer policy.
(4) Commission of a criminal sex offense as defined under chapter 9A.44
(5) Sexual abuse or sexual exploitation of any minor as found in any dependency action under chapter 13.34
RCW or in any domestic relations proceeding under Title 26
(6) For purposes of this section, sexual misconduct occurs only when a school district determines it has sufficient information to conclude that an employee engaged in the sexual misconduct and it resulted in the employee leaving a position with the school district. Under RCW 28A.400.301
, a district is prohibited from entering into any contract or agreement that has the effect of suppressing information about the misconduct of a present or former employee or has the effect of expunging such information from employer files, and a district must forward information regarding sexual misconduct to prospective employing districts.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28A.410
RCW. WSR 21-08-022, § 181-88-060, filed 3/29/21, effective 4/29/21. WSR 06-02-051, recodified as § 181-88-060, filed 12/29/05, effective 1/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.400.301
. WSR 04-23-011, § 180-88-060, filed 11/4/04, effective 12/5/04.]