Purchases of surplus salmon eggs will occur within the following framework:
(1) The price of eggs sold during a spawning season will be determined by the director after reviewing the results of an annual assessment of existing marketing conditions. The price will be the same for all purchases.
(2) Within priority 1, requests for available eggs will be satisfied in accordance with the earliest date of receipt of the application for a salmon aquaculture permit by the department (WAC 220-370-060
): Provided, That a firm request for eggs is received prior to September 1. All firm requests for eggs received after September 1 will be satisfied in order of their receipt on an eggs-available basis.
(3) Within priority 1, up to one million eggs will be offered to the first qualified applicant before selling eggs to the next applicant. If eggs are still available after each applicant has had an opportunity to buy one million eggs, the procedure will be repeated until all requests within this priority have been satisfied.
(4) Within priorities 2 and 3, requests for eggs will be satisfied in accordance with the firm requests that have the greatest likelihood of contributing to the public capture fisheries of the state of Washington.
(5) Within priorities 4 and 5, requests for eggs will be satisfied in accordance with the earliest firm requests for eggs received.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 17-05-112 (Order 17-04), amended and recodified as § 220-304-040, filed 2/15/17, effective 3/18/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 78-09-071 (Order 78-66), § 220-74-025, filed 8/25/78.]