(1) It is unlawful to club, gaff, snag, snare, dip net, harass, spear, stone, or otherwise molest, mutilate, injure, kill, destroy, or shoot with a firearm, crossbow, bow and arrow, or compressed air gun, any fish or shellfish or fish or shellfish parts for personal-use purposes, except:
(a) A person may use a dip net or club in the landing of fish taken by personal-use angling, unless otherwise provided; and a person may use a gaff in the landing of tuna, halibut, lingcod in Marine Areas 1 through 3 and 4, west of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line and dogfish, and a harpoon in the landing of halibut, in all catch record card areas;
(b) A person may use a spear in underwater spear fishing, as provided in WAC 220-310-130
(c) A person may use a bow and arrow or spear to take carp or as provided by department rule;
(d) A person may snag herring, smelt, anchovies, pilchard, sand lance, and squid when using forage fish jigger gear or squid jigs; and
(e) A person may shoot halibut when landing them with a dip net, harpoon or gaff for personal use only.
(2) It is unlawful to possess fish or shellfish or parts of fish or shellfish taken using the unlawful methods described in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) It is unlawful to use a device that penetrates the body of a sturgeon under any circumstance, whether the sturgeon is legal to retain or not.
(4) Violation of this section is a gross misdemeanor punishable under RCW 77.15.370
, Unlawful recreational fishing in the first degree—
(5) It is unlawful to attempt acts that violate this section. Violation of this subsection is punishable under RCW 77.15.380
, Unlawful recreational fishing in the second degree—
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.020
, and C.F.R. Title 50, Part 660. WSR 17-17-045, § 220-310-120, filed 8/10/17, effective 9/10/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 17-05-112 (Order 17-04), amended and recodified as § 220-310-120, filed 2/15/17, effective 3/18/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 13-03-153 (Order 13-16), § 220-20-117, filed 1/23/13, effective 2/23/13.]