(1) Vessels engaged in chartered research for the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) or the International Pacific Halibut Commission (IPHC) may land and sell bottomfish caught during that research without the catch being counted toward any trip or cumulative limit for the participating vessel.
(2) Vessels that have been compensated for research work by NMFS or IPHC with an exempted fishing permit (EFP) to land fish as payment for such research may land and sell fish authorized under the EFP without the catch being counted toward any trip or cumulative limit for the participating vessel.
(3) Any bottomfish landed during authorized NMFS or IPHC research or under the authority of a compensating EFP for past-chartered research work must be reported on a separate fish receiving ticket and not included on any fish receiving ticket reporting bottomfish landed as part of any trip or cumulative limit.
(4) Bottomfish landed under the authority of NMFS or IPHC research work or an EFP-compensating research with fish must be clearly marked "NMFS Compensation Trip" or "IPHC Compensation Trip" on the fish receiving ticket in the space reserved for dealer's use.
(5) The NMFS or IPHC scientist in charge must sign the fish receiving ticket in the area reserved for dealer's use if any bottomfish are landed during authorized NMFS or IPHC research. If the fish are landed under the authority of an EFP as payment for research work, the EFP number must be listed in the dealer's use space.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 17-05-112 (Order 17-04), amended and recodified as § 220-351-090, filed 2/15/17, effective 3/18/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047
. WSR 07-23-002 (Order 07-279), § 220-44-100, filed 11/7/07, effective 12/8/07.]