The commission, in consultation with the director and by agreement with cooperating private landowners, may authorize hunts for big game animals through raffle.
(1) The manager of property under contract with WDFW will conduct the landowner raffle drawing. Raffle tickets will be sold for not more than $25.00 each.
(2) Any person may purchase landowner raffle tickets in addition to WDFW raffle tickets and participate in auctions and special hunting season permit drawings.
(3) The landowner raffle winners must possess the appropriate hunting license and transport tag prior to participating in the landowner raffle hunt.
(4) The landowner deer or elk raffle hunt winners may purchase an additional deer or elk hunting license and obtain a second transport tag for use on the contracted lands if approved and authorized by the cooperating private landowner.
(5) If an additional deer or elk hunting license and transport tag are acquired by a raffle winner, the additional transport tag can only be used on the contracted lands during the raffle hunt.
(6) Hunting licenses or transport tags obtained pursuant to a raffle may not be resold or reassigned.
(7) The manager of property under contract with WDFW who is conducting an authorized raffle will provide an annual report to the department of fish and wildlife prior to May 1st. The report will include information on how the event was administered, where and when it occurred, who the winners were, the cost of tickets, and the number of tickets sold.
(8) Anyone may participate in landowner raffles.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.240
. WSR 20-12-080 (Order 20-76), § 220-412-050, filed 6/1/20, effective 7/2/20. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 17-05-112 (Order 17-04), recodified as § 220-412-050, filed 2/15/17, effective 3/18/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047
. WSR 06-04-066 (Order 06-09), § 232-28-293, filed 1/30/06, effective 3/2/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.040
. WSR 01-10-048 (Order 01-69), § 232-28-293, filed 4/26/01, effective 5/27/01.]