A person wishing to hold a hunting contest must comply with the following provisions:
(1) Only organizations filed with the state of Washington as a nonprofit corporation may apply for a hunting contest permit.
(2) Hunting contest permit applications shall be submitted to the department 30 days prior to the date for which the contest is proposed.
(3) Applications must include the permit fee required by the department. The fee will be returned if the permit is denied.
(4) Contests involving unclassified and classified wildlife species without a bag limit are prohibited and will not be permitted.
(5) Total value of prizes per contest shall not exceed $2000.
(6) Entry fees or requests for donations are prohibited.
(7) It is unlawful to fail to comply with the conditions of a hunting contest permit.
Hunting contests which may adversely affect wildlife resources will be denied.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.32.525
. WSR 20-19-115 (Order 20-199), § 220-412-110, filed 9/21/20, effective 10/22/20. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 17-05-112 (Order 17-04), recodified as § 220-412-110, filed 2/15/17, effective 3/18/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.040
. WSR 87-09-026 (Order 287), § 232-12-169, filed 4/7/87.]