(1) No fee will be charged for the inspection of public records.
(2) Pursuant to RCW 42.56.120
(2), the commission declares for the following reasons that it would be unduly burdensome for it to calculate the actual costs it charges for providing copies of public records: Funds were not allocated for performing a study to calculate actual costs and the commission lacks the necessary funds to perform a study and calculations; staff resources are insufficient to perform a study and to calculate such actual costs; and a study would interfere with and disrupt other essential agency functions.
(3) The commission may charge fees for production of copies of public records consistent with the fee schedule established in RCW 42.56.120
. For all copying or duplicating service charges incurred, an invoice will be sent to the requestor. Reimbursement is payable within fifteen days of receipt of invoice payable to the Washington state fruit commission. The commission may require that all charges be paid in advance of release of the copies of the records.
(4) The commission or its designee may waive any of the foregoing copying costs.
(5) For email requests that encompass more than twenty separate emails the commission may deliver said emails via electronic storage device; the commission works with third-party computer technicians who may be required to help fulfill public record solicitations. The commission may charge actual technician time fees to the requestor.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 42.56.040
, and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 20-02-086, § 224-12-120, filed 12/30/19, effective 1/30/20.]