(1) A petitioner, or a moving party when a motion has been filed, shall submit a brief addressing each legal issue it expects the board to determine. Failure by such a party to brief an issue shall constitute abandonment of the unbriefed issue. Briefs shall enumerate and set forth the legal issue(s) as specified in the prehearing order.
(2) Briefs shall be filed according to the requirements and schedule in the prehearing order or any subsequent order amending the briefing schedule.
(3) Clarity and brevity are expected to assist the board in meeting its statutorily imposed time limits. A presiding officer may limit the length of a brief and impose format restrictions.
(4) A copy of any development regulation provision cited in the brief shall be included as an appendix, unless the provision is quoted verbatim in the brief.
(5) Where there is a map in the record that helps illustrate the material facts, petitioner shall include a copy of that map as an exhibit to the brief.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 36.70A.270
(7). WSR 21-17-069, § 242-03-590, filed 8/12/21, effective 9/12/21; WSR 11-13-109, § 242-03-590, filed 6/21/11, effective 7/22/11.]