(1) "Endorsee" means an unlicensed employee or agent of a rental car insurance producer who meets the requirements of this chapter.
(2) "Person" means an individual or a business entity.
(3) "Rental agreement" means any written master, corporate, group, or individual agreement setting forth the terms and conditions governing the use of a rental car rented or leased by a rental car company.
(4) "Rental car" means any motor vehicle that is intended to be rented or leased for a period of thirty consecutive days or less by a driver who is not required to possess a commercial driver's license to operate the motor vehicle and the motor vehicle is either of the following:
(a) A private passenger motor vehicle, including a passenger van, recreational vehicle, minivan, or sports utility vehicle; or
(b) A cargo vehicle, including a cargo van, pickup truck, or truck with a gross vehicle weight of less than twenty-six thousand pounds.
(5) "Rental car insurance producer" means any rental car company that is licensed to offer, sell, or solicit rental car insurance under this chapter.
(6) "Rental car company" means any person in the business of renting rental cars to the public, including a franchisee.
(7) "Rental car insurance" means insurance offered, sold, or solicited in connection with and incidental to the rental of rental cars, whether at the rental office or by preselection of coverage in master, corporate, group, or individual agreements that is:
(b) Applicable only to the rental car that is the subject of the rental agreement;
(c) Limited to the following kinds of insurance:
(i) Personal accident insurance for renters and other rental car occupants, for accidental death or dismemberment, and for medical expenses resulting from an accident that occurs with the rental car during the rental period;
(ii) Liability insurance, including uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, whether offered separately or in combination with other liability insurance, that provides protection to the renters and to other authorized drivers of a rental car for liability arising from the operation of the rental car during the rental period;
(iii) Personal effects insurance that provides coverage to renters and other vehicle occupants for loss of, or damage to, personal effects in the rental car during the rental period; and
(iv) Roadside assistance and emergency sickness protection insurance.
(8) "Renter" means any person who obtains the use of a vehicle from a rental car company under the terms of a rental agreement.