The brochure and written material must clearly, conspicuously, and in plain language:
(1) Summarize, clearly and correctly, the material terms, exclusions, limitations, and conditions of coverage offered to renters, including the identity of the insurer;
(2) Describe the process for filing a claim including a toll-free telephone number to report a claim;
(3) Provide the rental car insurance producer's name, address, telephone number, and license number, and the commissioner's consumer hotline number;
(4) Inform the renter that the rental car insurance may duplicate coverage provided by the renter's personal automobile insurance policy, homeowners' insurance policy, or by another source of coverage;
(5) Inform the renter that when the rental car insurance is not the primary source of coverage, the renter's personal insurance will serve as the primary source of coverage;
(6) Inform the renter that the purchase of the rental car insurance is not required to rent a car from the rental car insurance producer; and
(7) Inform the renter that the rental car insurance producer and the endorsees are not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of the renter's existing insurance coverages.
(8) The policy or certificate of coverage and rates must be filed and approved by OIC as outlined in RCW 48.18.100
(9) If the written material includes a certificate of coverage or policy, the form number and edition, if applicable, of the approved certificate of coverage or policy must be identified on the printed material. The insurer must certify that the policy or certificate of coverage and the rates have been approved and that the wording on the written material is exactly as approved.
(10)(a) The renter must acknowledge the receipt of the brochures and written materials. The acknowledgment may be in the brochure or written materials, rental agreement, or a separate document.
(b) For transactions conducted by electronic means, the rental car agent must comply with the requirements of (a) of this subsection. Acknowledgment of the receipt of the documents may be made by either written or digital signature.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
(3)(a) and 48.17.010
(5). WSR 11-01-159 (Matter No. R 2010-09), § 284-17B-060, filed 12/22/10, effective 1/22/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
, and chapter 48.115
RCW. WSR 04-22-045 (Matter No. R 2002-05), § 284-17B-060, filed 10/27/04, effective 11/27/04.]