The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter:
(1) "Complete filing" means a package of information containing motor vehicle service contracts, supporting information, documents and exhibits.
(2) "Contract" means a service contract covering motor vehicles, as described in chapter 48.110
RCW. Under this definition:
(a) "Motor vehicle" means the same as in RCW 48.110.020
(7), and only includes vehicles that are self-propelled by a motor; and
(b) "Service contract" means the same as in RCW 48.110.020
(3) "Date filed" means the date a complete motor vehicle service contract filing has been received and accepted by the commissioner.
(4) "Filer" means a person, organization or other entity that files motor vehicle service contracts with the commissioner.
(5) "Objection letter" means correspondence sent by the commissioner to the filer that:
(a) Requests clarification, documentation or other information;
(b) Explains errors or omissions in the filing; or
(c) Disapproves a motor vehicle service contract under RCW 48.110.073
(6) "SERFF" means the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing. SERFF is a proprietary National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) computer-based application that allows filers to create and submit rate, rule and form filings electronically to the commissioner.
(7) "Service contract provider" or "provider" means the same as in RCW 48.110.020
(8) "Type of insurance" means a specific type of insurance listed in the Uniform Property and Casualty Product Coding Matrix published by the NAIC and available at www.naic.org.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 20-24-123, § 284-20C-005, filed 12/2/20, effective 1/2/21. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
, and 48.19.040
. WSR 13-12-038 (Matter No. R 2013-06), § 284-20C-005, filed 5/30/13, effective 7/1/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 08-21-091 (Matter No. 2007-11), § 284-20C-005, filed 10/15/08, effective 2/1/09.]