Situations in which the rates are unfairly discriminatory under RCW 48.29.143
(1) include, but are not limited to:
(1) Negotiation or bidding of price;
(2) Rating rules that do not have a definite charge for every bracket of coverage;
(3) Discounts not provided to all qualifying risks;
(4) Rating plans in which policies:
(a) Generating higher premiums subsidize smaller policies; or
(b) From one geographical area subsidize those from another geographical area.
(5) A title insurer's application of more than one rate schedule to similarly situated risks in a county or other defined geographical area. For example, it is unfairly discriminatory for a title insurer to use different rate schedules for business produced by different title insurance agents in a specific rating territory.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
(6), and 48.29.147
. WSR 14-10-056 (Matter No. R 2013-15), § 284-29A-050, filed 5/2/14, effective 6/2/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 10-15-092 (Matter No. R 2009-01), § 284-29A-050, filed 7/20/10, effective 8/20/10.]