(1) All rates and forms of group health benefit plans other than small group plans and all stand-alone dental and stand-alone vision plans offered by a health carrier or limited health care service contractor as defined in RCW 48.44.035
and modification of a contract form or rate must be filed before the contract form is offered for sale to the public and before the rate schedule is used.
(2) Filings of negotiated contract forms for groups other than small groups, and applicable rate schedules, that are placed into effect at time of negotiation or that have a retroactive effective date are not required to be filed in accordance with subsection (1) of this section, but must be filed within thirty working days after the earlier of:
(a) The date group contract negotiations are completed; or
(b) The date renewal premiums are implemented.
(3) When a carrier submits a late filing, the carrier must include an explanation on the filing document describing why the carrier submitted the filing late.
(4) The negotiated policy form and associated rate schedule must otherwise comply with state and federal laws governing the content and schedule of rates for the negotiated plans.
(5) Stand-alone dental plans and stand-alone vision plans offered by a disability insurer to out-of-state groups specified by RCW 48.21.010
(2) may be negotiated, but may not be offered in this state before the commissioner finds that the stand-alone dental plan or stand-alone vision plan otherwise meets the standards set forth in RCW 48.21.010
(2)(a) and (b).