A certified IRO shall:
(1) Comply with the provisions of RCW 48.43.535
(5), and this chapter;
(2) Cooperate with the commissioner during investigations;
(3) Provide the commissioner with information requested in a prompt manner. A lack of response within fifteen business days from receipt of an inquiry will be considered untimely;
(4) Conduct annual self-assessments of compliance with Washington certification requirements;
(5) Maintain certification. Independent review organizations that are certified as of December 31st of the calendar year will be required to submit an annual recertification, using the commissioner's online service, no later than March 31st of the following calendar year. Recertification requires the following:
(a) Submission of an annual attestation on the form required by the commissioner, signed by a company officer, certifying that all requirements within RCW 48.43.537
and this title will be met.
(b) Submission of updated information to the commissioner if at any time there is a change in the information included in the application.
(c) Submit an annual statistical report with the commissioner on a form specified by the commissioner summarizing reviews conducted. The report shall include, but may not be limited to, volumes, types of cases, compliance with timelines for expedited and nonexpedited cases, determinations, number and nature of complaints, and compliance with the conflict of interest requirements described in WAC 284-43A-050
(d) Submit any other pertinent information required by the commissioner.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
, and 48.43.537
. WSR 16-23-168 (Matter No. R 2016-17), § 284-43A-100, filed 11/23/16, effective 1/1/17.]