An outline of coverage, in substantially the following form, shall be issued in connection with policies meeting the standards of WAC 284-50-345
hospital confinement indemnity coverage
outline of coverage
(1) Read your policy carefully - This outline of coverage provides a very brief description of the important features of your policy. This is not the insurance contract and only the actual policy provisions will control. The policy itself sets forth in detail the rights and obligations of both you and your insurance company. It is, therefore, important that you read your policy carefully!
(2) Hospital confinement indemnity coverage - Policies of this category are designed to provide, to persons insured, coverage in the form of a fixed daily benefit during period of hospitalization resulting from a covered accident or sickness, subject to any limitations set forth in the policy. Such policies do not provide any benefits other than the fixed daily indemnity for hospital confinement and any additional benefit described below.
(3) (A brief specific description of the benefits contained in this policy, in the following order:
(a) Daily benefit payable during hospital confinement; and
(b) Duration of benefit described in (a).
(c) Any benefits provided in addition to the daily hospital benefit.
The above description of benefits shall be stated clearly and concisely.)
(4) (A description of any policy provisions which exclude, eliminate, restrict, reduce, limit, delay, or in any other manner operate to qualify payment of the benefits described in (3) above.)
(5) (A description of policy provisions respecting renewability or continuation of coverage, including age restrictions or any reservation of right to change premiums.)