(1) An applicant applying for a new license or a licensed discount plan organization applying for license renewal must complete and file all required forms. All forms, including the application form, the renewal form, and the annual report form required by this regulation are available on the commissioner's web site at www.insurance.wa.gov. Applicants must fully complete and file only forms approved by the commissioner.
(2) If a licensed discount plan organization fails to file the renewal application or the renewal application fee sooner than ninety days before its license expires, the license will expire on its expiration date and the discount plan organization must complete and file a new application and pay the fee for a new license.
(3) Upon the expiration of a discount plan organization's license, all operations must be immediately suspended, including any advertising, marketing, solicitation, enrollment, and renewal of contracts or other activities specified under these regulations.
(4) Annual report filing requirements:
(a) Licensed discount plan organizations are not required to prepare a separate annual report filing or pay the annual report fee if they file the information required for their annual report at the time they file their renewal application, but only if they do so prior to the March 31st deadline for filing the annual report.
(b) If a licensed discount plan organization does not include its annual report information with its renewal application, it must file an annual report with the commissioner prior to the March 31st deadline for filing an annual report. If the renewal application is due after March 31st, a licensed discount plan organization must file an annual report by March 31st, and may not defer filing the annual report on the basis that it plans to include the annual report information with its renewal.
(5) Any discount plan organization that has transacted or is transacting discount plan business to which the regulation applies prior to or as of July 26, 2009, must complete and file the commissioner's required application form along with all other required forms and information, on or before January 26, 2010. If a discount plan organization does not apply for a license as specified by the commissioner on or before October 26, 2009, it must discontinue operations after January 26, 2010, unless the commissioner has issued the license by January 26, 2010.