(1) The personnel appeals board shall consist of three members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the senate. Each member must be qualified by experience and training in the field of administrative procedures and merit principles.
(2) No member shall hold other employment with the state.
(3) No member may during the term to which he/she is appointed be or become a candidate for public office, hold any other public office or trust, engage in any occupation or business which interferes or is inconsistent with his/her duties as a member of the board, serve on or under any committee of any political party nor have been an officer of a political party for a period of one year immediately prior to appointment.
(4) No member may act in a representative capacity before the board on any matter for a period of one year after the termination of his/her membership on the board.
(5) Members of the board shall serve overlapping terms of six years. A member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of a term shall be appointed for the remainder of that term. Each member shall continue to hold office after expiration of his/her term until a successor has been appointed.
(6) The board shall elect a chairperson and vice chairperson from among its members in July of each year to serve one year.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.64
RCW. WSR 82-01-053 (Order 81-4), § 358-01-020, filed 12/16/81.]