(1) Beginning July 1, 2008, all baseload electric generation facilities or units and baseload electric cogeneration facilities and units subject to WAC 463-85-120
are not allowed to emit to the atmosphere regulated greenhouse gases at a rate greater than 1100 pounds per megawatt-hour, annual average.
(2) All baseload electric generation facilities and units in operation on or before June 30, 2008, are deemed to be in compliance with the emissions performance standard until the facility or unit is subject to a new long-term financial commitment.
(3) All baseload electric cogeneration facilities and units in operation on or before June 30, 2008, and operating exclusively on natural gas, waste gas, a combination of natural and waste gases, or a renewable fuel, are deemed to be in compliance with the emissions performance standard until the facility or unit is subject to a new ownership interest or is upgraded. For purposes of WAC 463-85-130, exclusive use of renewable fuel shall mean at least ninety percent of total annual heat input by a renewable fuel.
(4) Compliance with the emissions performance standard may be through:
(a) Use of fuels and power plant designs that comply with the emissions performance standard without need for greenhouse gases emission controls; or
(b) Use of greenhouse gases emission controls and greenhouse gases sequestration methods meeting the requirements of WAC 463-85-220
(5) The greenhouse gases emissions performance standard in subsection (1) of this section applies to all baseload electric generation for which electric utilities enter into long-term financial commitments on or after July 1, 2008.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 80.70
RCW and RCW 80.50.040
. WSR 08-14-064, § 463-85-130, filed 6/25/08, effective 7/26/08.]