(1) All fines must be paid as designated on the citation within twenty calendar days from the date of the citation.
(2) Fines for parking citations must be delivered in person to the transportation services' office, paid online, or mailed and postmarked on or before the due date specified in these rules to avoid additional penalties.
(3) Fines for traffic citations associated with violations of this chapter must be delivered in person to the UWPD office, or mailed and postmarked on or before the due date specified in these rules to avoid additional penalties.
(4) If any citation has neither been paid nor appealed after twenty calendar days from the date of the citation, the university shall impose an additional fine as specified in WAC 478-116-325
(a) Withhold the violator's degrees, transcripts, grades, refunds, or credits until all fines are paid;
(b) Delay registration for the following quarter;
(c) Impound or immobilize the violator's vehicle after providing notice of nonpayment to the permit holder and/or registered owner;
(d) Deny future transportation product privileges to the violator; or
(e) Refer outstanding balances associated with unpaid fines for collection in accordance with applicable statutes and university procedure.
(5) An accumulation of traffic and parking violations by a student may be cause for discipline under the student conduct code of the university (see chapter 478-121
(6) In addition to any other penalty which may be imposed as a result of actions described in this chapter, campus parking privileges shall be suspended until all such debts are paid.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.10.560
. WSR 19-11-046, § 478-116-335, filed 5/10/19, effective 6/10/19. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.20.130
. WSR 17-15-068, § 478-116-335, filed 7/14/17, effective 8/18/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.10.560
. WSR 11-13-058, § 478-116-335, filed 6/14/11, effective 8/8/11.]