(1) No fee. No fee shall be charged for inspecting records at the university's public records office.
(2) By appointment only. In-office inspections are by appointment only during regular office hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding university holidays, university closures, and such other closures as may be posted on the public records office's website.
(3) Scheduling appointments.
In-office inspections must be scheduled in advance by contacting the public records office (see WAC 478-276-140
(4) Protection of public records. Access to records during viewing appointments shall be restricted to the viewing area designated by the public records office. No document shall be physically removed by a member of the public from the viewing area for any reason whatsoever; nor shall any member of the public who is viewing documents disassemble, deface, or cause the disorganization of any record for any reason whatsoever. A public records office staff member may observe any inspection to ensure that records are not disorganized, defaced, or otherwise harmed.
(5) Identification of records reviewed.
At the end of each viewing appointment, the requestor will identify to the public records office staff those records reviewed during the appointment. If any records remain to be reviewed, another viewing appointment must be scheduled at that time. Reviewed records, or remaining records for which no further viewing appointment has been scheduled, are subject to disposition as provided under WAC 478-276-105
(6) Obtaining copies at viewing appointments.
At the end of each viewing appointment, the requestor shall identify to the public records office staff any records he or she would like copied. The public records office staff will arrange to provide such copies in as timely a manner as possible in view of all circumstances, including the volume of copies requested, any pending copying requests, time of day, staff resources, and any other relevant considerations. Records identified for copying during viewing appointments are subject to prepayment of any copying or other costs in accordance with WAC 478-276-100
. Requestors may not make their own copies of public records during viewing appointments.
(7) Failure to attend a scheduled viewing appointment.
A requestor who fails to attend a scheduled viewing appointment must call the public records office within ten business days to reschedule the missed appointment. Unless otherwise permitted by the public records office, a viewing appointment may not be rescheduled more than two times. If a requestor fails to reschedule a missed viewing appointment within ten business days or has already rescheduled the appointment two times, the public records office may consider the request closed and may dispose of any records or copies made available in accordance with WAC 478-276-105
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.20.130
and chapter 42.56
RCW. WSR 13-05-073, § 478-276-095, filed 2/19/13, effective 3/22/13.]