(1) The student conduct code, chapter 495C-121
WAC, shall apply to student conduct that occurs:
(a) In or on college facilities;
(b) At or in connection with college-sponsored activities; or
(c) Off-campus when in the judgment of the college it adversely affects the college community or the pursuit of its objectives.
(2) Jurisdiction extends to, but is not limited to, locations where students or student groups are engaged in official college activities, including foreign or domestic travel, activities funded or sponsored by the associated students, athletic events or recreational events, training internships, cooperative and distance education, online education, practicums, supervised work experiences, or any other college-sanctioned social or club activities and college-sanctioned housing.
(3) Students are responsible for their conduct from notification of admission to the college through the actual receipt of a certificate or degree, even though conduct may occur before classes begin or after classes end, as well as during the academic year and during periods between terms of actual enrollment.
(4) These standards shall apply to a student's conduct even if the student withdraws from college while a disciplinary matter is pending.
(5) In addition to initiating discipline proceedings for violation of the student conduct code, the college may refer any violations of federal, state, or local laws to civil and criminal authorities for disposition. The college may proceed with student disciplinary proceedings regardless of whether the underlying conduct is subject to civil proceedings or criminal prosecution.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 288.50.140 [28B.50.140], 34 C.F.R. Part 106, and 2022 c 209. WSR 23-07-054, § 495C-121-030, filed 3/9/23, effective 4/9/23. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
. WSR 14-11-070, § 495C-121-030, filed 5/19/14, effective 6/19/14.]