(1) Proceedings of the student conduct committee shall be governed by the Administrative Procedure Act, chapter 34.05
RCW, and by the Model Rules of Procedure, chapter 10-08
WAC. To the extent there is a conflict between this chapter and chapter 10-08
WAC, this chapter shall control.
(2) The student conduct committee shall consist of five members:
(a) Two full-time students appointed by the student government to terms of up to one academic year;
(b) Two faculty members appointed by the president to terms of up to two academic years, beginning in alternating years;
(c) One faculty member or administrator, other than an administrator serving as a student conduct or conduct review officer, appointed as chair by the president for a term of up to two academic years.
Members may be reappointed for subsequent terms. Any member may be replaced by the appointing authority for the remainder of the term for good cause shown.
(3) The faculty member or administrator appointed as chair may take action on preliminary hearing matters prior to convening the committee. The chair shall receive annual training on protecting victims and promoting accountability in cases involving allegations of sexual misconduct.
(4) A member of the student conduct committee shall not participate in any case in which he/she is a party, complainant, or witness, has direct or personal interest, prejudice, or bias, or has previously provided significant advice or direction. Any party may petition for disqualification of a committee member pursuant to RCW 34.05.425
(5) Hearings may be heard by a quorum of three members of the committee, so long as one faculty member and one student are included on the hearing panel. Committee action may be taken upon a majority vote of all committee members attending the hearing.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
. WSR 14-11-070, § 495C-121-140, filed 5/19/14, effective 6/19/14.]