(1) "College groups" shall mean individuals or groups who are currently enrolled students of Clover Park Technical College or are a recognized student organization or a recognized employee group of the college, or are sponsored by a recognized student organization, employee group or the administration of the college.
(2) "Noncollege groups" shall mean individuals, or combinations of individuals, who are not currently enrolled students or current employees of Clover Park Technical College and who are not officially affiliated or associated with, or invited guests of, a recognized student organization, a recognized employee group, or the administration of the college.
(3) "College facilities" includes all buildings, structures, grounds, office space, parking lots, vehicles and equipment that are owned or controlled by the college.
(4) "Public use areas" means those areas of each campus that the college has chosen to open as places where noncollege groups may assemble for expressive activities protected by the first amendment, subject to reasonable time, place, or manner restrictions.
(5) "Expressive activities" includes, but is not necessarily limited to, informational picketing, petition circulation, the distribution of information leaflets or pamphlets, speech-making, demonstrations, rallies, appearances of speakers in outdoor areas, protests, meetings to display group feelings or sentiments and/or other types of constitutionally protected assemblies to share information, perspective or viewpoints.
(6) "Chalking" shall mean expressive speech produced by writing or drawing with washable or erasable chalk, or similar media, on a college owned or controlled walkway or pathway used for pedestrian traffic.
(7) "Administrator in charge" shall mean the person who in the absence of the president has the authority and responsibility to act on behalf of the president.
(8) "Approving authority" shall mean the president, vice president for finance and administration, or his or her delegate.