(1) No fee shall be charged for the inspection of public records.
(2) The following copy fees and payment procedures apply to requests to the district under chapter 42.56
RCW and received on or after July 31, 2017.
(3) Pursuant to RCW 42.56.120
(2)(b), the district is not calculating all actual costs for copying records because to do so would be unduly burdensome for the following reasons:
(a) The district does not have the resources to conduct a study to determine all its actual copying costs;
(b) To conduct such a study would interfere with other essential agency functions; and
(c) Through the 2017 legislative process, the public and requestors have commented on and been informed of authorized fees and costs, including for electronic records, provided in RCW 42.56.120
(2)(b), (c), (3) and (4).
(4) The district will charge for copies of records pursuant to the default fees in RCW 42.56.120
(2)(b) and (c). The district will charge for customized services pursuant to RCW 42.56.120
(3). Under RCW 42.56.130
, the district may charge other copy fees authorized by statutes outside of chapter 42.56
RCW. The district may enter into an alternative fee agreement with a requestor under RCW 42.56.120
(4). The charges for copying methods used by the district are summarized in the fee schedule available on the district's website.
(5) Requestors are required to pay for copies in advance of receiving records. Fee waivers are an exception and are available for some small requests under the following conditions:
(a) It is within the discretion of the public records officer to waive copying fees when:
(i) All of the records responsive to an entire request are paper copies only and are twenty-five or fewer pages; or
(ii) All of the records responsive to an entire request are electronic and can be provided in a single email with attachments of a size totaling no more than the equivalent of one hundred printed pages. If that email for any reason is not deliverable, records will be provided through another means of delivery, and the requestor will be charged in accordance with this rule.
(b) Fee waivers are not applicable to records provided in installments.
(6) The public records officer may require an advance deposit of ten percent of the estimated fees when the copying fees for an installment or an entire request, or customized service charge, exceeds twenty-five dollars.
(7) All required fees must be paid in advance of release of the copies or an installment of copies, or in advance of when a deposit is required. The district will notify the requestor of when payment is due.
(8) Payment should be made by check or money order to Clover Park Technical College.
(9) The district will close a request when a requestor fails by the payment date to pay in the manner prescribed for records, an installment of records, or a required deposit.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
. WSR 19-16-095, § 495C-276-090, filed 8/1/19, effective 9/1/19. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
and 1991 c 238. WSR 92-19-091, § 495C-276-090, filed 9/16/92, effective 10/17/92.]