Date of Adoption: February 23, 2000.
Purpose: Meet criteria supporting Governor Locke's Executive Order 97-02.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 308-88-010, 308-88-030, 308-88-040, 308-88-050 and 308-88-170; and amending WAC 308-88-020.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 46.01.110.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 00-01-059 on December 10, 1999.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 5.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 5; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0. Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
February 23, 2000
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 93-01-066, filed 12/11/92, effective 1/11/93)
Application and registration of rental car businesses.
A rental car business engaged in the business of
renting rental cars must register with the department and renew
its registration annually. The rental car business will be
assigned a business registration number, which will exempt the
payment of the motor vehicle excise tax on properly registered
rental cars. The rental car business shall comply with all
department of revenue rules regarding collection of the
applicable taxes.)) (1) What is the definition of a "place of
business"? For the purposes of this section: "Place of
business" means a street address location within the state of
(2) What is the first step in becoming a rental car business? Applicants shall complete an application supplied by master licensing service.
(3) What information is required for application as a rental car business? Every complete application for a rental car business shall require:
(a) The business name and address of the principal place of business of the applicant.
(b) The business name and address on the application and all required supporting documents must be the same.
(c) Evidence that the corporation is authorized to do business in this state.
(4) What will I receive as proof that I qualified as a rental car business? Master licensing service's will assign you a rental car Washington tax registration number and a Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number if none has been previously issued.
(5) How will I register my rental car vehicles? Vehicle registration and annual renewals shall be made to the department of licensing.
(6) Can I transfer my business registration number to another company? No. The registration number issued by the master licensing service is not assignable or transferable, and is valid only for the rental car business in whose name it is issued. The name of the legal or registered owner of all rental vehicle registrations must be identical to the business name on the master business license application.
[Statutory Authority: ESHB 2964, § 7(9). 93-01-066, § 308-88-020, filed 12/11/92, effective 1/11/93.]
The following sections of the Washington Administrative Code are repealed:
|WAC 308-88-030||Application for registration.|
|WAC 308-88-040||Issuance of rental car business registration.|
|WAC 308-88-050||Waiver of business registration requirements.|
|WAC 308-88-170||Rental cars registered in another jurisdiction -- Temporary operating authority for Washington operations.|