Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 00-07-016.
Title of Rule: WAC 180-57-070 Mandatory high school transcript contents -- Items.
Purpose: Amend current language.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.04.155.
Summary: Amend current language for clarification and update.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Larry Davis, State Board of Education, Olympia, (360) 753-6715.
Name of Proponent: State Board of Education, public.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Explanation of Rule, its Purpose, and Anticipated Effects: This rule indicates what the standardized high school transcript must contain. Amendments have been made for clarification and update purposes.
Proposal Changes the Following Existing Rules: See information above.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. Not applicable.
RCW 34.05.328 does not apply to this rule adoption. Not applicable.
Hearing Location: Seattle Christian Schools, 18301 Military Road South, SeaTac, WA 98188, on June 8, 2000, at 8:30 a.m.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Laura Moore by May 25, 2000, TDD (360) 664-3631, or (360) 753-6715.
Submit Written Comments to: Rules Coordinator, State Board of Education, P.O. Box 47206, Olympia, WA 98504-7206, fax (360) 586-2357, by May 25, 2000.
Date of Intended Adoption: June 8, 2000.
April 21, 2000
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 18-84, filed 12/10/84)
Mandatory high school transcript contents -- Items.
The standardized high school transcript shall contain only the following information:
(1) The student's name (last name, first name, and middle name(s) or middle initial(s));
(2) The student's current address, address at graduation, or address at withdrawal from school (street, city, state, zip code);
(3) The name and address of parent(s) or guardian(s) (street, city, state, zip code) if such information is available;
(4) The student's birth date and sex;
(4))) (5) The student's identification number (if
(5))) (6) The school's name;
(6))) (7) The school's address (street, city, state, zip
code, and telephone number);
(7))) (8) The dates of the student's entry, reentry,
withdrawal, and graduation (if applicable) related to the school
issuing the transcript;
(8))) (9) A list of previous high schools attended (school
name, address, city, state, and month and year of entrance and
(10) The student's attendance record (total days of unexcused, full day absences. "Full day" shall mean the complete regular school day calendar encompassing all periods. "Unexcused absence" shall mean the lack of an excuse that is accepted by the school);
(11) The student's academic history for high school (grade level and date of course completion, course titles, marks/grades earned as defined in WAC 180-57-050, credits attempted as defined in WAC 180-57-040, and grade point average as defined in WAC 180-57-055). Courses completed and credits earned through running start shall be noted with an "RS" designation. Courses completed and credits earned through advanced placement shall be noted with an "AP" designation. Courses completed and credits earned through college in the high school shall be noted with a "CHS" designation. Courses completed and credits earned through an international baccalaureate program shall be noted with an "IB" designation. Courses completed which earn college credit through tech-prep and/or the corresponding credits or certification earned shall be noted with a "T-P" designation;
(9) The name and address of parent(s) or guardian(s)
(street, city, state, zip code) if such information is available;
(10) A list of previous high schools attended (school name, address, city, state, and month and year of entrance and exit); and
(11))) (12) The transcript shall include notation that the student has met the standard on the secondary Washington assessment of student learning and/or earned the state certificate of mastery; and
(13) The signature and/or seal of the authorized school official (name, title, and date).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.04.155. 85-01-017 (Order 18-84), § 180-57-070, filed 12/10/84.]