SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Adult Services Administration)
Title of Rule: WAC 388-71-0445(4) Am I eligible for Chore-funded services?
Purpose: The purpose of this rule change is to correct WAC references incorrectly cited in this section to define net household income used as financial eligibility requirements for Chore services.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.39A.110, 74.39A.150.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 74.39A.110, 74.39A.150.
Summary: In defining the financial eligibility criteria for net household income for the Chore program, WAC 388-71-0445(4) references WAC 388-450-0015 and 388-450-0210. These are not the correct references to describe net household income for Chore. The correct citations are WAC 388-450-0020, 388-450-0040, and 388-511-1130.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: To correct the WAC reference in this section and clarify the rule.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Lois Wusterbarth, AASA, 640 Woodland Square Loop, Lacey, (360) 725-2536.
Name of Proponent: Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Adult Services Administration, governmental.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Explanation of Rule, its Purpose, and Anticipated Effects: See Purpose, Summary and Reasons Supporting Proposal above.
Proposal does not change existing rules.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED TO BE ADOPTED USING AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS RULE BEING ADOPTED USING THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Kelly Cooper, Rules Coordinator, Department of Social and Health Services, P.O. Box 45850, Olympia, WA 98503-5850, fax (360) 664-6185 , AND RECEIVED BY December 18, 2000.
October 13, 2000
Edith M. Rice
for Marie Myerchin-Redifer, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit2871.1
To be eligible for Chore-funded services, you must:
(1) Be eighteen years of age or older;
(2) Require assistance with at least one of the direct personal care tasks listed in WAC 388-15-202(17);
(3) Not be eligible for MPC or COPES, Medicare home health or other programs if these programs can meet your needs;
(4) Have net household income (as described in WAC 388-450-0005, ((
388-450-0015, and 388-450-0210)) 388-450-0020,
388-450-0040, and 388-511-1130) not exceeding:
(a) The sum of the cost of your chore services, and
(b) One-hundred percent of the FPL adjusted for family size.
(5) Have resources, as described in chapter 388-470 WAC, which does not exceed ten thousand dollars for a one-person family or fifteen thousand dollars for a two-person family. (Note: One thousand dollars for each additional family member may be added to these limits.)
(6) Not transfer assets on or after November 1, 1995 for less than fair market value as described in WAC 388-513-1365.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.09.520, 74.09.530, 74.39A.110, [74.39A.]120, [74.39A.]130, 1998 c 346 § 205 (1)(c), and RCW 74.39A.030. 00-18-099, § 388-71-0445, filed 9/5/00, effective 10/6/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.39A.110, 74.39A.150. 00-04-056, § 388-71-0445, filed 1/28/00, effective 2/28/00.]