FISH AND WILDLIFE
Purpose: Amend personal use fishing rules.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 220-56-25500P; and amending WAC 220-56-255.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: The catch quota for Pacific halibut in this area is projected to be taken by the end of the day Saturday, July 3. The fishery will remain closed for the remainder of the season. There is insufficient time to promulgate permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: June 28, 2004.
J. P. Koenings
by Larry Peck
(1) Catch Record Area 2: Closed effective 11:59 p.m. July 3, 2004.
(2) Catch Record Card Areas 3, 4 and 12: Closed
(3) Catch Record Card Area 5: Open through August 14 - Closed 12:01 a.m. Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday of each week during the open period.
(4) Catch Record Card Areas 6-11 and Catch Record Card Area 13: Open through July 24 - Closed 12:01 a.m. Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday of each week during the open period.
(5) Daily limit one halibut. The possession limit is two daily limits of halibut in any form, except the possession limit aboard the fishing vessel is one daily limit.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed:
|WAC 220-56-25500P||Halibut seasons -- Daily and possession limits. (04-132)|