SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Economic Services Administration)
Purpose: Amending WAC 388-418-0007 When do I have to report a change in my circumstances?, to reflect department policy regarding when people must report changes in their circumstances and to update a reference in the rule.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-418-0007.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, and 74.08.090.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 05-08-120 on April 5, 2005.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: May 12, 2005.
Andy Fernando, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit3540.1
(a) Requesting additional information we need to determine your eligibility and benefits under WAC 388-490-0005;
(b) Increasing your benefits when we have proof of a change that makes you eligible for more benefits; or
(c) Reducing or terminating your benefits based on the change.
(2) If you are applying for benefits and have had a change:
(a) After the date you applied but before your interview, you must report the change at the time of your interview; or
(b) After you have been interviewed, you must report changes required to be reported by someone receiving benefits as described under WAC 388-418-0005. You must report this change by the tenth day of the month following the month the change happened.
(3) If you receive cash assistance, medical, or Basic Food, you must report changes required under WAC 388-418-0005 by the tenth day of the month following the month the change happened.
(4) For a change in income, the date a change happened is the date you receive income based on this change. For example, the date of your first paycheck for a new job, or the date of a paycheck showing a change in your wage or salary.
(5) If we require you to complete a six-month report, you
must complete the report to inform us of your circumstances as
described under WAC ((
388-418-0010)) 388-418-0011 in order to
keep getting benefits.
(6) If you get TANF/SFA, and you learn that a child in your assistance unit (AU) will be gone from your home longer than ninety days, you must report this information to us within five calendar days from the date you learn this information. If you do not report this within five days, the child's caretaker is not eligible for cash benefits for one month. We continue to budget the ineligible person's countable income as described in WAC 388-450-0162 while determining the benefits for the remaining people in the AU.
(7) If you report changes late, you may get the wrong amount or wrong type of benefits. If you get more benefits than you are eligible for, you may have to pay them back as described in chapter 388-410 WAC.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 2004 c 54. 04-19-134, § 388-418-0007, filed 9/21/04, effective 10/1/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510. 03-21-028, § 388-418-0007, filed 10/7/03, effective 11/1/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090 and 74.04.510. 01-11-109, § 388-418-0007, filed 5/21/01, effective 7/1/01.]