Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: Language in the 2006 supplemental budget regarding incentive grants to encourage school districts to increase enrollment in vocational skills centers made this necessary. The language allows that funds may be distributed for: (i) Increasing enrollment including allowing up to an additional .2 full time equivalent student enrollment at skills centers; (ii) increasing enrollment and capacity of summer vocational programs at the skills centers.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 392-121-465.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.150.290.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 06-13-061 on June 16, 2006.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: August 22, 2006.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 05-19-138, filed 9/21/05, effective 10/22/05)
WAC 392-121-465 Formula for and distribution of state moneys for the state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers program. The purpose of this section is to establish policies and procedures for the calculation and distribution of state incentive moneys to school districts increasing their enrollments in vocational skills centers.
(1) As used in this section, the term "average annual full-time equivalent students" or AAFTE shall be defined as that term is defined in WAC 392-121-133(1).
(2) Enrollment used in this calculation shall be the AAFTE reported in the form and by the deadline required by the superintendent of public instruction.
(3) A district's state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers shall be calculated as follows:
(a) Determine the increase in the vocational skill center AAFTE of the resident district from the base year of 2004-05 to the current year;
(b) Multiply the number of students obtained in (a) of this subsection by the per pupil allocation established and subject to the limitations in the State Operating Appropriations Act in effect at the time the apportionment is due; and
(c) The product is the district's annual incentive payment.
(4) As provided in the State Operating Appropriations Act in effect at the time apportionment is due, money appropriated but not spent in subsection (3) of this section shall be distributed to skills centers for increased capacity of summer vocational programs. The allocation methodology shall be based upon the skills center full-time equivalent reported enrollment from the prior October 1.
(5) The superintendent of public instruction shall apportion to districts for the state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers the amount calculated per district in this section in June of each year commencing June 2006.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290. 05-19-138, § 392-121-465, filed 9/21/05, effective 10/22/05.]